Public Involvement Plan
In October 2019, PACTS adopted an updated PACTS Public Involvement Plan to enhance public engagement within transportation decision-making processes in our region. PACTS believes that broad and robust public involvement will result in transportation investments that better address the transportation needs of all those using the system. This plan provides guidance and tools for member municipalities, staff, and consultants on policies, requirements, and best practices. While the previous plan laid out the requirements and basic policy, this new plan outlines a pathway and offers practical tools for achieving robust and equitable public engagement.
- PACTS Public Involvement Plan 2019 (PDF - No Appendices)
- PIP Appendix A: PACTS Reforms 2018 (PDF)
- PIP Appendix B: Public Involvement Policies and Practices 2018 (PDF)
- PIP Appendix C: Acronyms Used in Transportation Planning (PDF)
- PIP Appendix D: PACTS Civil Rights Plan: Title VI, Environmental Justice, Non-Discrimination
- PIP Appendix E: Inclusive Transportation Planning Toolkit (PDF)
- PIP Appendix F: PACTS Member Survey (PDF)
- PIP Appendix G: Implementation Matrix (PDF)
- PIP Appendix H: Inclusive Planning Recommendations (PDF)
- PIP Appendix I: Mobility For All Program (PDF)
- PIP Appendix J: Community Transportation Leaders Training Program (PDF)
Access to PACTS Meetings
Locations for all PACTS-sponsored meetings are accessible to people with disabilities and are near public transportation whenever possible. Upon request (two weeks in advance), every effort will be made to provide accommodations such as assistive-listening devices, materials in accessible formats and in languages other than English, and interpreters in American Sign Language and non-English languages.
Public participation is solicited without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability or family status. Persons who require special accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act or persons who require translation services (free of charge) should contact Emily Ham, GPCOG Community Engagement Manager/Title VI Officer at 207-774-9891 or email@example.com at least seven days prior to the meeting.
Language translation services available upon request.
Services de traduction langue disponibles sur demande.
Servicios de traducción disponibles bajo petición.
Lugha ya tafsiri huduma inapatikana juu ya ombi.
Ladenan panarjamahan Basa aya kana paménta.
خدمات الترجمة اللغة متاحة عند الطلب
For complaints, questions or concerns about civil rights or nondiscrimination; or for special requests under Title VI or the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact: Emily Ham, GPCOG Community Engagement Manager/Title VI Officer at 207-774-9891 or firstname.lastname@example.org.